History of Effingham Asphalt

Effingham Asphalt Co. was founded in 1953 by Allie Kabbes. It was located on Willow St. in Effingham, IL. There were 6 employees who did asphalt work and some dirt work. In 1963 they purchased a hot mix asphalt plant.

In 1966 Allie's three children took over the business. They were Jack Kabbes, Dick Kabbes and Mary Hoene.

In the mid 1970's they added storm sewer work as a service and moved the operation to its current location at 1601 W. Wabash in Effingham in 1972. A new asphalt plant was installed in 1990.

Today the business has grown to over 25 employees. The current officers include Richard Kabbes as President, Bob Hoene as Vice-President and Gregg Kabbes as Vice-President/Secretary.